Anomaly of the skin, which is one of the most common diseases – psoriasis. This kind of dermatosis damaged an estimated 5-6% of men and women around the world. How does a skin disease and how dangerous is it?
What is the disease psoriasis
Skin disease psoriasis (psoriasis) – chronic rejection characterized by excessive cell division of the upper layers of the skin, severe inflammation and lesions of various organs of human systems. Non-communicable disease affecting the skin and its appendages (nails, hair). The main symptoms of psoriasis is considered to be a manifestation of a pinkish color spots, which will eventually begin to peel off, causing itching. The disease is characterized by alternation of exacerbation and remission.
Often ringworm is formed on the creases of the elbows, knees, scalp. Often affects those areas of skin that are constantly injured or subjected to friction. In the case of atypical forms of psoriasis disease affected other places on the human body. Doctors there are three stages of development with depriving peeling:
- Progressive stages. It is characterized by the formation of new rashes, intense itching.
- Stationary phase. New spots with the flaking does not appear, and the old gradually heal.
- Regress. The disease is almost recedes, leaving the body strong pigmentation (areas of plaque skin darker than healthy areas).
Whether psoriasis is passed from person to person
Many people often inquire a dermatologist if you can get psoriasis. Psoriasis is not true for infectious diseases. Psoriatic path develops absolutely other "laws". Given this fact, a chronic disease can not be transmitted in the following way:
- Many people think that psoriasis is passed on through contact. Direct contact-household transmission (droplet carryover, shaking hands, hugging, using someone else's towels and so on) are also excluded. Contagious psoriasis? Of course, not.
- In the process of patient care that has ringworm, also there is no risk of infection. A change of clothes, wash the patient and such actions will not affect the health of a healthy person. Psoriasis for others are not dangerous.
- Psoriasis and sex are two concepts that have nothing to do. Sex with man or woman who suffer from the scaly lichen, is safe. Whether psoriasis transmitted sexually? The answer to this question: no.
- Blood transfusion, shingles is not transmitted from the patient. The presence of such violations will not affect health.
How is psoriasis
You need to understand how sick with psoriasis, what causes this skin disease. So far, we have not identified absolute reasons that cause damage to the body. There are several theories that are close to the truth:
- Genetic predisposition. Hereditary factor is considered as the main "culprit" of the transmission is not inflammatory infectious disease. If both parents suffer from psoriasis, then the chance of hitting the child with the disease is 75%. If ringworm is diagnosed only mom or dad, the risk to his inheritance reduced by the fourth part.
- Allergic theory. Often, the exacerbation of psoriasis was observed more frequent Allergy attacks. In this case, the doctors say that psoriasis is a reaction to a virus or food-allergens.
- Endocrine factor. The disease occurs due to the malfunction of the thyroid gland and hormonal failure.
- The viral theory. It is assumed that psoriasis can be transferred by using viruses. Most people are susceptible to the development of non-communicable rash, but hurt only those whose body has been ravaged by a virus organisms.
- Infectious factor. This theory, which explains how the ability to spread ringworm, has long existed, but has no modern scientific evidence. Doctors repeatedly noticed that the deterioration occurs during the period of seasonal infections (flu, sore throat, bronchitis and t.. d). Such diseases considerably suppress the immune system, making the body more vulnerable to psoriasis.
How dangerous is psoriasis
If you do not treat the psoriasis, in addition to severe physical and psychological discomfort, it can lead to very serious negative consequences. Threat psoriasis and what exactly? The main results of running inflammatory disease are:
- The occurrence of psoriatic arthritis. This trouble is characterized by the fact that the diseased areas of the body are much deeper than the skin and lead to diseases of the joints. Failures in the exchange process, not only affect the stratum corneum: they are inside the body, affect the cartilaginous tissue. Nail psoriasis, rashes on the hands or feet affect the joints, which leads to limiting physical activities in humans.
- Mucosa may also suffer from depression. If you do not start treatment of autoimmune disease in time, it'll go from Horny mucous membranes. As a result doctors diagnose a variety of diseases that are directly related to inflammation of the mucous membrane (blurred vision, conjunctivitis and other).
- Psoriasis of the head or other parts of the body "clears" and the liver. Problems in this organ are, regardless of the localization of the plaques and other external signs of the disease.
- During exacerbation of scaly lichen is suffering the endocrine system, and it becomes a cause of lymph node enlargement.
- In the second stage of psoriasis observed disorders of the cardiovascular and Central nervous systems.
- Another dangerous complication – muscle atrophy. She appears in the final stages of the disease in the absence of therapy or if the psoriasis affects the deep tissues of the body.