Already sufficiently spread such inflammatory skin diseases as psoriasis, so he more actively began to pay attention doctors, clinical researchers and scientists. More than 4% of people around the world suffering from it. But in order to know all about psoriasis and its treatment will need to explore the overall picture of this disease, understand how it is chronic, and whether there are ways to fix it. If you know exactly the symptoms and treatment of, then it's easier to accept a patient during a medical consultation.
The big picture was all about psoriasis briefly
Psoriasis is an inflammation of the skin with severe itching and the typical plaques, papules red, which tend to the skin to turn scaly education, to burst, turn into sores, suppurations and have strongly defined foci in the lesion. I can still call this phenomenon "scaly ringworm". The name of this disease has its own value, which reflects its characteristic signs. Translated from Greek, "psora," the word means "itch", and from English. – "scabies", which fully confirms the specificity irritation of the skin. In events, there are not only the signs but also the species, the stage and even has its own statistics.
What is the pathology
Excessive dryness of the skin and the desire to continuously itch is the first signal of danger. Psoriasis can be visually determined easily by characteristic features. More information about ringworm can be found in the same category.
General description of the destruction of bodily cover as follows:
- dry skin above the norm;
- pieces of the flake edges slightly raised above the surface of the cover;
- tissue affected like spilled red wax on the body and he froze;
- itching, burning and temperature at all times accompany a pathological condition;
- clothes to wear very painful and unpleasant;
- with the morning also noted an unpleasant sulfuric smell, especially in advanced cases;
- are often the skin lesions in places of bends, folds or frequent friction of clothing on the body.
General malaise that always accompanies the patient, he can't sleep, work or even bathe. Every psoriasis symptoms will show the same – red spots that itched and hurt. With severe lesions, the skin cracks, appear wounds, blood dripping, and sometimes form abscesses. Sometimes abscesses can occur point, and sometimes to cover a wider area. Red inflammation is a sign that the activity of lymphocytes, keratinocytes, or macrophages excessive.
How contagious is psoriasis
If the causes and ultimate treatment of skin dysfunction are still not identified experts, the release and discharge of infectious nosological units already accurate. Much has been done on this subject and it was discovered that the psoriasis does not transmit from human to human in any way. An exception may be, however, a genetic predisposition. Therefore, if the doctor detects a psoriasis the symptoms and treatment, it is always obliged to inform the patient that the disease is not contagious. And even if blood transfusion were no incidents of infection.
7 types of painful pathology
Specify some types of psoriatic condition, which is determined depending on the location of the spots, and General condition of the patient and passing the dermatitis. The emergence of a particular type, also determine, in turn, the method of treatment.
Psoriasis exists in the 7 following varieties
- Conventional, also known as a vulgar or simple – 80-90%.
- To the contrary, what appears on the flexor areas.
- Teardrop-shaped, very similar to the tears of a dark color (sometimes purple and even purple), or circles.
- Pustular – is the most severe form.
- Nail – affects the nails change their shape.
- Arthritis psoriatic – the lesion occurs in the joints, including the fingers, toes.
- Erythroderma is also considered to be common (60-80% of cases).
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: When psoriasis is more likely a "vicious cycle" of secondary infection. .
Unpleasant psoriasis: symptoms, initial manifestations, stages and causes
When it begins to appear such trouble, then you better immediately need to go to the doctor. Any delay will lead to a complex of symptoms that are badly endured by patients. Moreover, the fungus of fire can appear in all people in different ways in different parts of the body.
All symptoms physicians examined and considered strictly according to the stages of the disease and its varieties. So, if you want to define psoriasis symptoms, causes, once you pay attention to common signs. Each of the signs may need to be considered against the background of the form of dermatitis.
The symptoms in the light of a particular type of psoriasis are the following forms:
- Under normal – skin hot, red sulphur coating or patina silvery-whitish hue. The edges are already plaques gradually shed that resembles scales. When removing the scales, the wound bleeds and it hurts.
- The reverse – peeling low, but the redness severely chapped and swollen. Often occurs in the folds of skin tissue, as well as in various bends parts of the body.
- With teardrop – circles and "droplets" strewn body on the back, neck, hips, shoulders, in the fibrous covering of the skin on the head.
- In exudative – skin hot, swollen even blisters (pustules) with transparent inner fluid. The lesion occurs on the knees, palms, soles, forearms and legs.
- When the nail – nails become white, yellow, exfoliate and even turn grey.
- Arthritis – swelling of the fingers and feet than are like "sausages". The same thing can happen on the elbows and knees.
- If erythroderma is the swelling of tissues, itching, redness. Often occurs as a result of vulgar psoriasis.
IMPORTANT! Guttate psoriasis is often appears as a complication of streptococcal tonsillitis or pharyngitis.
3 stages of psoriasis
Each case has its own characteristic beginning – a slight burning, itchy sensation, dryness and smoothness of the skin and sometimes a light white residue, like powder or chalk. Especially the plaque is clearly visible on the palms and soles. But in addition to origin, there are clear stages of development. All the specialists medical practice also unanimously there are three stages of the pathological state of patients:
- The progress of the precipitation and ultrasound.
- Hospital – new lesions stop appearing and the old ones slowly be accepted for the healing.
- Regression of the lesions take the shape of strips which tell about the atrophy of the cells of the tissue, and the center of the plaques already, the appearance of new skin.
3 main reasons of formation of the pathology
The origin of psoriasis is not yet identified the final final. However, the medicine was able to identify the three most obvious factors that contribute to the manifestation of the disease.
These include causes of psoriasis and its treatment:
- Viral diseases. Treated with medicines.
- Heredity. An integrated approach to healing.
- Infectious-allergic cause. Apply pharmaceutical drugs and traditional medicines.
While most likely considered to be the presence of the virus in the human body, which leads to disruption of the functions of the digestive tract (gastrointestinal tract).
The second reason to consider the occurrence of this dermatitis is probabilistic that is hereditary reasons. They found the incidence of reported cases in families. Is advanced medical history including information about relatives. Various researchers have noted the likelihood of such a motive to begin the activation of psoriasis in 5, 20, 40% (or even more) cases.
To cover skin disorder maybe 2, 3 generations and in some cases that is fixed by the presence of scaly lichen even in 5 or 6 generations. Also, doctors assume that a patient with such a scourge in his adulthood with 17-25% likely to be children who carry in their genetic set of information about the disease. If both parents were surprised by this specific leprosy, then there is a probability of 60-70% that the offspring will also be infected.
Last option is theories as to why people have bodily dysfunction in the form of red itchy spots, it's infectious-allergic background. Doctors say the next trigger the disease:
- staph or strep;
- tonsillitis, sore throat;
- flu viruses;
- severe pneumonia;
- hormonal disruptions in adolescents;
- persistent disorders of the intestines and stomach.
In addition to the provocations include frequent poisoning of food or the excessive use of synthetic products in food. It is primarily those that contain dyes, carcinogens and other harmful substances. All this suggests that the internal cause is complex.
What to check when Troubleshooting
The disease will always be discovered by dermatologist in related consultations, nutritionists, virologists and other specialists who are related to her. To find the kind of such disturbances in the body as the disease psoriasis and its treatment need continued investigation of its causes. But visually determine the onset of the crisis – is not difficult. A blood test will help to know the level of white blood cells that confirm inflammation in the body. The biopsy will show the presence of Taurus and other features of the pathology of the skin. And the visual determination of redness suggests that the vessels are quite fragile and brittle.
Psoriasis and its treatment by different methods
The disease is treated in various ways, and sometimes even in aggregate their use. This non-traditional treatments, and traditional and aromatherapy, and prevention is already "asleep" psoriasis. But always therapy is to be under the supervision of a physician. Self you can only hurt yourself.
Psoriasis and treatment of folk remedies
To use these or other unconventional ways of treatment is possible at home and only with prior consultation with your doctor. After the discovery of the doctor causes of psoriasis, and receipt of its recommendations, you can connect the following types of home therapy:
- herbal and salt baths, sauna;
- a strict diet;
- lotions for various tincture and herbal medicinal mixtures;
- help of leeches (individually);
- the use of other means – for example, birch tar.
FOR REFERENCE: each patient will be to respond to the treatment. This means that one single method for all people does not exist.
Psoriasis and treatment Orthodox medicine
Professional approach involves a more scientific proven methods and different testing and experimental tests. After the physician determine psoriasis, symptoms, causes, then he will prescribe a course of treatment that is most suited to the patient.
All in all, the practices are the following approaches:
- Therapy with ultraviolet light (wavelength 320-420 nm).
- Ingestion of therapeutic agents.
- The use of externally painkillers and mitigating medications (ointments, creams, sprays).
- Strict diet with a dietician approved menu.
- Excimer laser, whose beam has a beneficial effect on fires of psoriasis.
- Special shampoos for washing the hair when the fibrous varieties of dermatitis.
In complex forms of psoriatic dermatitis treatment courses may need a lot. Therefore, sometimes depression raging disease may take time for about a year, maybe more. One by one all of the above and other treatments are not practiced. Often the whole set of work in progress is assigned in the complex.
PLEASE NOTE! When treating any type of psoriasis antibiotics are not used. They may connect in secondary infection, if the papules burst.
10 preventive measures available to everyone!
To best prevent this type of lesion of the human body, can be reasonable to approach the problem is to consider all possible preventive measures. If someone scares psoriasis, symptoms, causes, treatment, then simply apply the prevention. A few simple rules that can help eliminate the probability of occurrence of the disease, are the following:
- The need to avoid stressful situations.
- Consistency in a positive mood.
- Painkillers or anti-anxiety it is always better to use only natural products – herbs, extracts.
- The transition from use of synthetic clothing on the habit to wear only soft fabrics from natural fibers.
- When choosing food, you should pay attention to the reaction of the liver – she don't have long to suffer because of the inept selection of food.
- More oxygen for your body, more walks and adventures!
- A sedentary lifestyle leads to dysfunction of internal organs and the body's response in psoriasis.
- Any medication should always be coordinated with doctors.
- To avoid frequent colds.
- For which are in the family of patients with this sore, or the tendency to it should adhere to daily bathing or showering.
Despite the fact that the number of patients increases every year, according to the who (world health organization), the occurrence of dysfunction of the skin can be prevented if to try not to disturb your sleep, activity, mobility, increase your ability to handle stress and live positive. The treatment is quite difficult.