Psoriasis is a non – infectious dermatological pathology, which is not transmitted by contact-household. For this disease typical of chronic, often recurrent phenomenon. The most common kind of disease is psoriasis of the scalp. The disease does not carry a significant threat to health and poses no danger to human life. However, it contributes to the appearance of complexes and psychological problems from the aesthetic appearance of psoriatic plaques and crusts, but also because of itching, which disturbs the patient. Psoriasis is one of the forms of scaly lichens that commonly occur on the head. In fact – it is not an independent disease, but a systemic failure in the body.
The causes of pathology
To date, the exact reasons why a person has psoriasis on the head and on other parts of the body, not installed. New hypotheses are allocated periodically, and old ones refuted. The disease is accelerated cell division, which occurs in response to disruptions in metabolic processes. There are triggering factors that can be potential reasons for the development of this problem.
According to most physicians, the most probable are the following:
- The weakening of the immune system.
- Frequent stressful situation.
- The abuse of alcoholic beverages.
- An unbalanced diet.
- Mechanical injury in the area of hair growth.
- Hormonal changes.
- The presence of the body foci of chronic infections.
- Long-term treatment with hormonal medications.
- Diseases of the digestive system.
- Professional overload.
- Genetic predisposition to psoriasis.
- Reaction to cosmetic products for hair care.
- Excessive dryness of the scalp.
- Disorders in the endocrine system.
- Autoimmune processes in the organism of the patient.
- Living in cold climates, or prolonged exposure to cold, sudden changes in temperature.
- Violations of the processes of formation and maturation of skin cells.
If psoriasis is genetically inherited, then the first symptoms observed after twenty-five years. If you have other risk factors for the disease usually only occurs after the 35-day age. The main danger of the disease – this is the risk of complications and to the development of psoriatic arthritis. If the disease is chronic, the exacerbation can cause abuse of alcoholic beverages.
The clinical picture
Specifics of symptoms of psoriasis of the head depends on its stage. First, a person can not guess that hurts, but gradually he begins to torment itching, irritation on the skin.
The disease occurs in stages:
- Skin peeling, itching.
- Increased irritation and itching sensations.
- When combing the hair damaged skin, small sores appear.
- The skin on the head thickens and becomes rough, there are characteristic psoriatic plaques.
- Lesions can occur in the ears, on the neck beyond the hairline on the forehead.
- There is dandruff, flakes of white.
- Full coverage of the scalp plaques and white scales.
- The skin under the plaques is easily damaged and bleeds, even if its just to scratch.
In psoriasis the hair usually does not fall out as there is no destruction of the follicles.
With regard to the stages of the disease, they are divided according to the severity and stages of symptoms:
- The first lesions appear at an early stage.
- The rash spread and new foci of inflammation is a progressive stage.
- The absence of changes in condition observed in the stationary phase.
- The symptoms gradually recede, and the field of inflammatory elements are formed of light pink spots. This pattern is observed in the regressive stage.
Any mechanical impact leads to the spread of rashes. In most patients, symptoms of the disease over time, appear on other parts of the body, and only a quarter of them psoriasis scalp restricted to this area.
Psoriasis is a chronic disease in which the acute stage is constantly changing remissions. But even during the retreat of the symptoms to get rid of the rash is impossible. The severity of the clinical manifestations of dermatological diseases under consideration depends on the individual characteristics of the organism, the state of the human immune system. Someone psoriasis just gives moral inconvenience is a small cosmetic defect. But there are patients in whom the disease becomes a barrier to normal employment, personal life.
To treat psoriasis on head is a must, but first, with the appearance of the first symptoms, you should make sure that it is really psoriasis and not ringworm, seborrhea or any other skin disease.
Methods of diagnosis:
- History collection.
- Visual inspection.
- The study of flakes from the head under a microscope.
- Biopsy and histological examination of biological material from the head.
- Psoriatic triad (stearin spots, terminal protector, symptom Auspitz).
- General analysis of blood.
- Evaluation of the erythrocyte sedimentation rate.
- Rheumatoid factor.
Treated if psoriasis on the head
Study of features of these diseases doctors are engaged in quite a long time, the developed scheme of treatment. But, as a rule, all methods aimed at relief of symptoms but not of deliverance from disease. To fully recover you need to know the accurate reason for the origin of psoriasis, and it is science not yet known.
But modern therapeutic methods allow a man, if not to get rid of psoriatic plaques forever, then at least to achieve sustained remission, so he can lead a full and comfortable life. This can be achieved only if an integrated approach to treatment. Do not rely on advertising and advice of friends, you need to consult a doctor and administer the course of therapy, perform all assignments and recommendations.
How to treat psoriasis on the head
To remove the scalp psoriasis completely to more not to think about it very hard. But if you follow several rules to ensure that the disease for a long time didn't bother the man.
When developing the scheme of treatment, doctors consider several factors:
- How widespread inflammation.
- Age, gender of the patient.
- Stage of psoriasis.
- The probable causes of the disease.
Cure psoriasis on the head is possible with the implementation of complex of measures:
- The use of funds for local treatment.
- The use of systemic drugs.
- The Spa treatment.
- Physiotherapy activities.
- Health food.
In mild course of the disease are assigned to various creams and ointments, special medicinal shampoos, made from birch tar, etc. these funds will help to alleviate the condition, if the rash has no tendency to spread.
Medications for psoriasis are divided into local and systemic. Depending on what stage the patient, appointed by the kerato-plastic, or hormonal creams. If the psoriasis is severe, it shows the use of systemic agents. Each patient is assigned a special treatment in accordance with the individual characteristics of the organism.
A list of non hormonal means that it is necessary to smear the head of the patients for psoriasis:
- Salicylic ointment help to get rid of psoriasis on the head and other areas of the body. The drug reduces inflammation and has an antiseptic effect, exfoliates and regenerates the epidermis.
- Ichthyol ointment soothes irritation and stops inflammation, eliminates discomfort.
- Preparations on the basis of panthenol soften, nourish and hydrate irritated skin for psoriasis.
- Ointment retinoids help slow the ripening of skin scales.
- In some cases, appointed by the fungicide.
- Ointments containing vitamin D3, anti-inflammatory effect, increase local immunity.
- Naphthalan ointment is a great antiseptic that relieves pain and itching sensation, reduces inflammation.
- Ointment on the basis of lysozyme, honey, salicylic acid and solidol and other substances leads to stable remission with regular use, according to instructions.
- Ointments made from birch tar have wound healing and kerato-plastic effect.
- Antihistamine ointments are used to eliminate itching and termination of the inflammatory process.
- Ointment based on zinc.
To get rid of the more severe manifestations of psoriasis on the head is possible with the help of hormonal ointments. It is important to use hormonal ointments under the supervision of a physician because they have a great number of side effects, especially if not to observe the instructions for use. The most common complication is the syndrome and the development of the disease with renewed vigor.
Treatment of severe forms of psoriasis on my head, performed by local and systemic drugs in the complex.
Funds are usually assigned from the following list:
- Hormone injections, or pills for quick impact on metabolism, eliminate inflammation.
- The appointment of immunostimulating drugs.
- Antidepressants and psychotropic drugs used to treat depression, social anxiety, insomnia. Their reception is possible only under close medical supervision, as there is a risk of complications under their influence.
- Antihistamine therapy.
- Vitamins of groups A, b and C.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Antibiotics are indicated when joining the infectious process.
To eliminate psoriatic plaques that form on the scalp, it is also possible with the help of physiotherapy treatments.
We are talking about the following procedures:
- Ultraviolet exposure.
- Laser therapy.
The treatment of psoriasis folk remedies is possible, but only as a Supplement to the main drug therapy. Commonly used infusions and tinctures, fresh juice, decoctions and extracts of medicinal plants, vegetables and other natural remedies.
The most effective ones:
- Chopped onion for application on the scalp.
- Alcohol tincture of celandine.
- A compress of slightly warmed on a water bath olive and peanut oil.
- The aloe juice.
- Ointment with solidol, vaseline, honey and eggs.
- Burdock oil.
- Infusion of elderberry.
- A variety of masks on the basis of birch tar.
- Essential oil.
Timely therapeutic measures and diligent adherence to medical recommendations will help to prevent the progression of psoriasis and the spread of the inflammatory process and also to achieve remission of the disease.