Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease non-communicable type, which belongs to the group of scaly herpes, which is often localized in the head. Can cause serious disturbances in physical and mental state of the person. The main danger of psoriasis in the possible development of forms of psoriatic arthritis and hepatitis. But knowing how to treat psoriasis on the head, you can avoid such severe consequences.
It looks like the eruptions of psora on the scalp.
Psoriasis is not a contagious disease, which have the factors to create I think:
- Frequent mechanical impact on the skin of the head in the form of friction, rubbing, intense scratching.
- The use of cosmetics for care of hair, which have an irritating effect on the skin.
- Allergic reactions, which are characterized by the constant emergence.
- The dryness of the hair and skin of the head, which are manifested in the form of dandruff that is the cause of seborrheic psoriasis.
- Frequent stress and depression.
- The presence of diseases non-communicable type.
- A sharp change of lifestyle, which is manifested in the rejection of bad habits or following stringent diets, as well as weather conditions when moving to another climate zone.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Hormonal disruptions.
- Incorrect and untimely food.
- Bad habits.
The clinical picture of the disease depends on the variety of psoriasis:
The most common form of the disease, is diagnosed in almost 90% of patients with psoriasis. Is characterized by the following features:
- inflamed skin areas of the head are red, the top covered with a gray skin, which is characterized by dryness and scales. On the site of the lesion is marked local increase in temperature;
- gray skin layer could easily be removed and the red skin underneath quickly injured and bleeding.
Such tracts of skin called plaques. They tend to increase in size, merging with other platelets, thus forming the whole cluster.
Manifests as cutaneous lesions, similar to drops in which there is dryness, redness and swelling. The main reason for the development of guttate psoriasis is a streptococcal infection.
The most severe form of psoriasis, which is characterized by the appearance on the skin of the head of bubbles or blisters filled with clear fluid, pustules. The skin around these lesions becomes redness and swelling. In exudative form of psoriasis the probability of occurrence of an exacerbation, when the transparent fluid inside the blisters will change purulent contents.
The development of psoriasis scalp is characterized by the stages:
- Progressive. The initial stage is caused by the emergence of a large number of small entities, which tend to rapid growth and merger.
- Stationary. At this stage there is a cessation of growth of plaques, which are beginning to be covered with scales.
- Regressive. Marked resorption of plaques, and reduction in peeling of the skin of the head, education are of a pale appearance.
Therapeutic measures aimed at getting rid of psoriasis, are characterized by complexity, which involves both external and internal impact on the disease. The main means of psoriasis on the head are:
- Phototherapy. Is a way of suppressing signs of psoriasis with ultraviolet rays. The most positively-proven PUVA therapy which involves exposure to ultraviolet light. The irradiation is carried out after administration of a photosensitizer drug that increases the sensitivity of the skin to light. After taking it becomes possible the penetration of UV radiation into the deeper layers of the skin, which allows to effectively treat a disease.
- Cryotherapy. The method is characterized by short-term exposure to cold on the affected skin areas of the head. The effect of cryotherapy achieved after completing the full course which consists of 30 sessions. Daily can be up to 4 procedures that help eliminate the itching and pain of inflammation.
- Laser therapy. In this case, a laser is used. It has the advantage therapeutic effect on the affected areas of the skin without affecting healthy areas. Procedures differ by no more and harmlessness:this is manifested in the lack of scarring and subsequent pigmentation after treatment.
- Creams and ointments. To get rid of psoriasis by using local products, it is advisable to use.
- Shampoos. Shampoos in the treatment of psoriasis on head hair is divided into several categories.
- Folk remedies
To remove the manifestations of psoriasis, often use the recipes of traditional medicine. Pay attention to the available for use at home:
- Essential. Often used in essential essences are: ylang-ylang, marjoram, myrrh, sandalwood, geranium. Sea buckthorn oil - no less effective in the treatment of disease. Soothes, and heals the skin.
- Linen. The flax seed oil helps eliminate inflammation, swelling, rapid healing of damaged areas of the head.
Of these oils are made of the mask for the head:
- burdock oil in quantity a couple of spoonfuls mixed with 5 drops of ylang-ylang and chamomile;
- the mixture is heated and rubbed into the skin of the head;
- the mask is left for 40 minutes, then washed off with shampoo.
A positive result is manifested in accelerated healing of the skin, improvement of hair structure, preventing hair loss.
- grape seed oil in the amount of teaspoon mixed with a tablespoon of grapefruit pulp;
- added 10 drops of essential essence of lemon;
- oil mixture rubbed into the affected areas and left for half an hour;
- at the end of the required time mask is washed off.
Popularity of Soaps is due to the following properties:
- improve blood circulation;
- the destruction of pathogenic bacteria;
- disinfection of the affected areas;
- the removal of painful and pruritic sensations.
Coal-tar soap can have the effect of dryness of the skin. This should be considered in patients with increased dryness of the scalp. It is also worth to be prepared for the fact that the soap has a rather pungent odor.
Prescription for psoriasis: the onion is crushed, wrapped in cheesecloth and placed on the affected skin for a few minutes. After the entire head need to be washed with cold water, and on the location of the plaques, apply a healing ointment.
One of the main causes of psoriasis are allergic reactions. During treatment it is important to stick to a certain diet:
- the exclusion from the diet of alcoholic products;
- the presence of a fractional power, which involves eating small portions and keeping a break of three hours;
- minimizing salt consumption;
- a waiver of smoked meats and pickles;
- with the exception of diet artificial additives colorants and preservatives;
- frequent consumption of fresh fruit and vegetable products;
- daily use of the products of dairy type.
To prevent the appearance of psoriasis scalp useful:
- To avoid sun burns.
- To diagnose and treat any disease.
- With care to wash and comb the hair.
- Periodically shampooing with help to medical-preventive shampoos.
- Stick to healthy and nutritious food.
- Avoid negative emotions by avoiding stress.
- To pick up cosmetics for the care of scalp and hair according to their type.
Despite the fact that psoriasis scalp is a serious disease, its treatment can be quick and painless. The main thing – to follow the recommendations of doctors and to carefully monitor their health, warning of any pathological manifestations.