Psoriasis – a systemic disease. Its main symptom is a rash on the surface of the skin, but the disease always affects the internal organs. In this regard, treatment should be complex. Together with creams and ointments and need to use medications that are taken inside.
To speed up the process of recovery will help injections from psoriasis. Their main advantage is a fast effect. Medications that are administered intravenously or intramuscularly immediately reduce uncomfortable symptoms, improve the patient's state of health.
Classification: what are injections for psoriasis
Psoriasis treatment injections prescribed for all forms of the disease, especially at an advanced stage of disease. Consider the basic types of psoriasis which are classified according to the localization of papules and characteristics of the disease:
- Teardrop – ridden body mainly after the transfer of infectious diseases. On the skin appear purple or red papules teardrop shape. They are made small.
- Vulgar or simple – the most common form, which strikes people in 80% of cases. Appear on the skin small red spots, rapidly increasing in size. They are covered with scaly white-silvery color.
- Pustular – the skin is covered with small lesions, inside filled with fluid (exudate). Their number is growing rapidly, spreading to large areas of the body. It is a complicated form of the disease, which entails serious complications.
- Psoriasis flexor surfaces smooth papules red are localized in the natural folds of the skin. Most often they affect the armpits, crotch, tummy tuck, bends of the elbows, knees. Rashes do not peel. Often develops in the presence of endocrine diseases.
- Psoriatic arthritis develops in the joints, often affects the hands and feet, as well as connective tissue. This form of the disease limits the mobility of the joints, often leads to disability if not treated in time.
- Psoriasis of the nail plate – it affects the nails, leading to breakage, change the thickness and color of the nail plate. When running the form there is a risk of total loss of the nail.
- Erythrodermic – affects a large area of the body where the skin to peel off, much inflamed, swells, itches. All this is accompanied by painful sensations. When running the form, the skin peels off, it may be sepsis. There is a risk of death.
Before you can assign a shot from psoriasis, the doctor can diagnose the actual condition of the patient, takes into account shape, stage of disease, presence of side effects. Based on these data selected the drug.
Classification of shots against psoriasis:
Pharmacological agents, after the introduction of which in cells and tissues stabiliziruemost metabolic processes. They reduce inflammation, stimulate immune system, exert a desensitization effect, which is expressed in reducing the susceptibility of the organism to pathogenic factors.
Immunomodulatory injection is given in the period of exacerbation of the disease. They relieve acute conditions and pain, itching. As a result of their use accelerates the onset of remission, the skin symptoms disappear faster.
Dependent on the stage of the disease, injections of immunomodulators 10-30 days in a row. They are contraindicated in pregnancy, lactation, individual intolerance.
Immunosuppressive drugs or immunosuppressants
Contain Monoclonal antibodies, which help to improve the condition of psoriasis. Rashes on the body becomes noticeably less after a few shots. However medicines of this group inhibit the resistance of the immune system, increasing the risk of Contracting other diseases. It is an effective but very expensive tools.
Hormonal injections, which are administered in extreme cases, when severe stage of the disease other drugs do not help. Hormones are suitable only for short-term therapy because it is caused by their action, side effects may exceed the benefits.
The benefits of corticosteroids – rapid anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive effect, anti-Allergy. A year acceptable to put a maximum of 3-5 injections, otherwise the body gets used to the effect of these drugs.
Antioxidant (negate the effects of harmful free radicals), regenerative and detoxifying effect. Because the process of therapy against psoriasis is a big burden on the liver, these drugs support her work, the maximum cleansing the body of toxins, restoring the cells of the body. In the course of treatment is enough to make 10-15 injections.
Help get rid of the uncomfortable feelings that accompany psoriasis. These shots have a decongestant, sedative and anesthetic effect. They relieve itching, scaling and pain.
Antihistamine drugs are prescribed only when the illness brings severe physical discomfort accompanied by allergic reactions.
Complex therapy of psoriasis involves taking vitamins. They affect metabolic processes, promote rapid recovery of the body exhausted by disease. The main thing to take.
An important rule is to Supplement the complex therapy against psoriasis with vitamins you can, if the treatment takes place without the use of hormonal therapy. Since the last use of hormones should take at least 2 weeks.
For psoriasis the recommended course of treatment with vitamins:
- A – helps to maintain normal concentration of keratin in the cells of the epidermis;
- E – enriches skin cells with oxygen and destroys free radicals;
- b vitamins, particularly B1, B6, B12 – improves skin condition;
- D – activates the regenerative processes of the skin.
Vitamins inject intramuscularly. As a rule, sufficient to make 10 injections daily or every other day. The best drugs and treatment doctor will choose. Yourself do not experiment even with the introduction of vitamins.
If the development of psoriasis due to the shortage of calcium within the body, quickly improve the standing of the patient will help hot shot. Under this name hides the injection with calcium gluconate. It strengthens blood vessels, reduces swelling, itching, inflammation, has anti-allergic effect. Especially this shot is effective in exudative form of psoriasis.
Introduces intravenous injection, in some cases, intramuscular. The dose for a single injection of 5-10 ml. Their number is determined by the doctor.
Contraindications – the high content of calcium in the blood, hypercoagulability, thrombophlebitis, pregnancy. Side effects bradycardia, dysfunction of the kidneys.
Contraindications and rules of application
The basic rule of the use of injections during therapy against psoriasis – they shall be designated at the moderate or severe stage of the disease when other drugs proved to be ineffective.
To prescribe the drug and also the dosage and duration of treatment can only a doctor. Do not engage in choice of drugs your own at home, even if you previously passed a similar treatment. Each case is individual, therefore therapy is selected especially with respect to the actual condition of the patient.
Injections need in a hospital or clinic under the supervision of a physician. It is necessary that in the case of the occurrence of complications, were provided with qualified medical aid.
Because the shots have a strong and almost instantaneous effect on the body, always carefully read the contraindications to each drug. To neglect this point is unacceptable. Virtually all injections can have a negative impact on the development of the fetus, and therefore contraindicated in pregnancy. Also, they are not assigned to nursing mothers and in the period of exacerbation of chronic or infectious diseases.