Products consumed daily by man, play an important role in his life and influence, both positive and negative, on health. That is why the question of proper nutrition is quite relevant, especially for chronic diseases, such as psoriasis and eczema, exacerbation of which is directly related to the diet of the patient. As a rule, patients are interested in, what not to eat in psoriasis, and that, on the contrary, it is necessary to enter in the daily diet, and what products it is better to limit.
The article presents information on what is psoriasis and what is not, what rules should be followed to normalize failures of metabolic processes in the body and thus to minimize the symptoms of the disease and to achieve remission.
Important! Under the diet for psoriasis mean adherence to certain rules, the purpose of which is to limit the intake of patients of a certain number of products. Though psoriasis and belongs to the category of chronic diseases, diet leads to better health in 7 days.
Nutrition in psoriasis: the basic rules
In the preparation of the daily diet of people who suffer from psoriasis, you must adhere to the following rules:
- if previously the patient did not consume low-fat dairy products that should be present in the ration, it is necessary to introduce them;
- exclude from food products that can cause allergies, it is strictly forbidden to eat in psoriasis, chocolate and citrus;
- to enter into the diet of grains, particularly buckwheat;
- to completely refuse from alcohol and other harmful habits that have a negative impact on the human body as a whole. Smoking and drinking psoriasis contraindicated;
- eating raw vegetables. Raw vegetables contain fiber, necessary for improving patient psoriasis;
- there should be little and often, the average number of meals should not be less than 5 times a day;
- to filter a composition which contains preservatives and various emulsifiers;
- it is impossible to eat products subjected to Smoking, various kinds of sweets, sauces and marinades;
- limit consumption of salty foods and other foods with an excessive amount of salt.
Diet for psoriasis according to Dr. John. P.
According to the theory of the doctor the patient's condition of psoriasis is directly related to its acid-alkaline balance. To keep the progression of the disease, the number of products which form alkali and which are consumed daily, should be 4 times greater than the acid number.
For more information! It should be noted that this method, which prohibits the combination of junk foods and the consumption of Solanaceae vegetables, found its application and has gained considerable popularity among patients suffering from psoriasis. Moreover, he fully justified itself in practice.
What is this method, the basic principles
- Daily presence in the diet of vegetables, fruits and berries. The exception is Brussels sprouts, plums, prunes, legumes and some berries, particularly cranberries, blueberries, blueberries and currants. To use banned product, but in limited quantities;
- Minimize the consumption of sugar and products with a high level of its content;
- Another banned product is vinegar, its consumption need to be minimized;
- Apples, melons and bananas should be eaten separately from other foods;
- Hold a separate eating citrus fruits, including juices from them, or whole grains and dairy products;
- Avoid combining starches with sweets, meat and fatty foods. Moreover, fatty food is better to eliminate from the diet;
- To abandon the use of potatoes, peppers and eggplant. Tomatoes for psoriasis should also be excluded from the diet. Mainly there are more carrots, beets, parsley, celery, onion and spinach;
- A beneficial effect on the patient's condition have fruit juice, alkaline mineral water, in particular, "Borjomi";
- Refrain from Smoking and alcoholic drinks.
What you can and can't eat with psoriasis
Psoriasis is a chronic disease that has the patient throughout his life. In addition to physical discomfort, expressed the constant itching, psoriasis patients often have psychological problems such as depression, increased anxiety and isolation from society. Scaly patches (plaques) and pustules can be formed not only on the skin of hands or other body parts, but on the head, which leads to rejection of the skin and is often the cause of social phobia.
To completely get rid of the disease is impossible, the only option to improve health and to keep the disease is to limit or even exclude from the diet forbidden foods and enter useful. Is it possible to keep the disease through diet and how to do it, read on.
What can I eat to patients with psoriasis
- vegetables, in particular carrots and beets, cabbage, radish;
- grape, orange, orange, pineapple juice, cranberry juice;
- low fat varieties of cottage cheese;
- dairy products;
- pumpkins, watermelons;
- rosehips, sea buckthorn;
- cereals, wheat bran.
Products for psoriasis
The priority food of plant origin, products with minimal content of sugar, salt, without preservatives, dyes, rippers, emulsifiers and other food additives.
The use of any product should be reduced:
- banned product – alcohol. The exception is red wine allowed dose should not exceed 100 grams per meal.
What products should give:
- foods that contain a lot of fats, proteins and sugar;
- products with food additives;
- sauces, marinades, vinegar;
- potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplants and other vegetables of the nightshade family;
- smoked and fatty meals;
- alcoholic beverages are the only permitted type of alcohol – red wine (limited number available);
- hot spices and hot spices.
Recommendations for cooking methods
Information about what to eat for psoriasis is fundamental in the study of this question, however, is of great importance and the method of preparation.
Recommendations for training:
- more vitamins are retained in vegetables and fruits after steam treatment. If possible, use this method no better to eat the raw product;
- it is recommended that the fish be baked in the oven, not fried, or steamed. You can eat boiled fish and not eat pickled and smoked fish;
- an egg does not need long to cook, so it was boiled;
- of all the types of meat you should give preference to the lamb. Lamb is a source of protein, necessary for psoriasis. If you compare pork meat sheep, the first is almost three times thicker;
- you should not use the yeast during cooking.
Is it possible to use fasting for psoriasis
A prerequisite for the right diet psoriasis cleansing the body. The most effective way of cleaning is considered starvation. The maximum number of hours per week, during which time you can eat is 30 — 40 hours. If the duration of fasting exceeds the limit, it can lead to metabolic disorders and health problems.
For more information! Food for psoriasis for women no different from men's. Both genders should reconsider not only your daily diet, but a way of life.
The right approach to treatment and adherence to the above rules will give the opportunity to minimize the symptoms of the disease.