Palmar-plantar psoriasis is quite common form of psoriasis, which provides for the defeat of the feet and palms. It is characterized by thickening of the top layer of the skin, and his noticeable bulge. Such changes in the epidermis lead to the appearance of calluses that cause discomfort to the patient.
Externally, this form is manifested by plaques in the shape of a circle or oval, which are scaly light coating. The affected areas of the skin affecting mainly the hands and feet, and have a clear boundary with the healthy epidermis. If you have similar symptoms, as well as people who are at risk, it is important to know how to cure psoriasis.
Regardless of the form of psoriasis feet and palms there are some common symptoms. The affected areas of the skin slightly swollen, they get a small rash that does not exceed the diameter of 1.5 mm. Then it evolves into a plaque, which if untreated, are merged into large dense foci with clear separation.
As a result of hyperkeratosis begin to form cracks which cause pain and worsen the quality of life. At a later stage, the inflammatory process is reduced, the affected skin significantly compacted and acquires a yellow tint. Typically, this seal completely covers the surface of the foot or the palm of your hand.
Pustular psoriasis Berber is a little different. The first symptom is the pustules, which later coalesces to form a purulent foci. If the contents of pustules comes out, they harden and form a scaly crust. Such eruptions are characteristic of the big toe and her arch.
In the affected areas, where there are blisters and cracks may appear the following symptoms:
- Dry skin of a pathological nature;
- Flushing of the skin;
Psoriasis on the palms and soles in most cases is inherited, but in the absence of factors provoking its development, the disease may not manifest itself. Common causes that contribute to the development of the disease are:
- The regular irritation of the feet and palms of a mechanical nature;
- Direct skin contact with chemicals and other aggressive substances;
- Uncomfortable tight shoes;
- Frequent use of coarse mittens;
- Infectious disease;
- Prolonged skin contact with water;
- Drugs based on arsenic, oral contraceptives and other drugs;
- Diseases of the endocrine system;
- Frequent stress;
- The abuse of alcoholic beverages.
The types of Palmar-plantar psoriasis
Psoriasis feet and palms is divided into three main forms:
- Horny form.
- Papular-plaque (typical) form.
- Vesiculopustular form (psoriasis Berber)
The symptoms of these forms are quite different, which complicates the process of diagnosis of the disease.
In this form the process of keratinization of the skin exceeds the congestion, resulting in the following symptoms:
- The rounded shape of plaques;
- Yellow keratinized skin;
- High density damage;
- The presence of the small papules to large plaques;
- Psoriasis on the palms of the hands leads to their complete defeat.
In the presence of such symptoms requires additional diagnosis of mycosis on the extremities, syphilis, and keratoderma.
Vesiculopustular form (psoriasis Berber)
The clinical picture of pustular psoriasis of the palms and soles has the following form:
- The appearance of pustules containing pus;
- Redness of the skin;
- Severe itching in the area of septic lesions;
- Merge several adjacent pustules;
- The symmetrical arrangement of the lesions.
Purulent pimples appear as clean the parts of the body, and the psoriatic plaques. In most cases, they cover the fingers and thumbs of the hands, the arches of the feet. Both the symptoms and treatment of pustular psoriasis of the soles and palms of Berber differs from the other forms. It has a rapid development, frequent relapse and difficult treated.
The typical form
For this form of psoriasis of the palms and soles is characterized by the following signs:
- Flat papules that do not exceed the surface of the skin;
- The presence of plaques and papules light shades;
- The dense arrangement of scales on the skin surface;
- Frequent manifestation on the soles and lower sides of the brushes.
The stage of the disease
The skin on the feet and the palms is much thicker than on other parts of the body, so the development of the pathology is somewhat different. The initial stage of psoriasis on the palms and soles refers to the appearance of small yellowish spots, which are similar to pustules. These pustules take severe itching, but will eventually become tinged with red, covered with a crust, and the itching is replaced by soreness.
In the later stages the psoriasis on the palms presents large plaques, which are joined together, increasing the area of damage. The skin around such plaques becomes rough and cracked.
How to treat Palmar plantar psoriasis
Treatment of Palmar-plantar pustular psoriasis and other forms of it should occur as early as possible. This will not only facilitate the progress of the disease, but minimize relapses.
To what doctor to address
At the first sign of psoriasis should consult a dermatologist, as the doctor who specializiruetsya on skin pathologies. In the absence of narrowly-specialized professionals, can help the therapist from the clinic. If the stop psoriasis complicated by joint damage, you will need additional intervention rheumatologist.
It is important to seek qualified help and begin treatment, because this disease characteristic of rapid development.
Why self-treatment is dangerous
As the practice of medicine, in most advanced forms Palmar plantar psoriasis treatment is absent or has been agreed with the doctor. Self-medication is dangerous in that it can serve the development of generalized pustular forms with the following dangerous complications. Known cases where the wrong treatment Palmar-plantar psoriasis lead to complete loss of vision.
Before to appoint treatment of herself, be aware of the possible consequences:
- The appearance of erythroderma;
- Violation of the joints, which can lead to hospitalization and death;
- The development of heart failure;
- The appearance on the background of psoriasis kidney failure;
- The appearance of a secondary infection.
Creams and ointments with Palmar-plantar psoriasis
Treatment ointments Palmar-plantar psoriasis helps to reduce the formation of plaques, and also remove the sensation of itching. As a rule, they are part of a comprehensive treatment.
Hormonal creams are quite effective treatment, but can harm the health. These medicines have a large number of contraindications. Used in cases when you need to get a quick result. Non-hormonal ointments used to treat Palmar-plantar psoriasis at home. Their active ingredients are natural ingredients: zinc, extracts of medicinal herbs, birch tar, and others. The most popular drugs are:
- Salicylic ointment. Eliminates inflammation, has a keratolytic and antiseptic action and beneficial effect on the affected skin. The main active ingredient acts as salicylic acid.
- The zinc ointment. Has good anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antipruritic action. Is manufactured using zinc oxide. Often prescribed in complex treatment of psoriasis on the palms of the hands.
- An ointment based on zinc pyrithione copes well with inflammation and has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial effect.
Folk remedies for Palmar-plantar psoriasis
There are several effective methods how to cure Palmar-plantar psoriasis folk remedies. These include the following recipes:
- Take one egg white, mix it with 15 ml of tar (birch), 1 g of boric acid, 1 tsp honey 5 ml fish oil and vaseline. A mixed composition is applied to affected areas of the body every 12 hours.
- For the treatment of psoriasis on feet can use gadgets from clover. To receive them are the flowers of this plant, which are placed in a bag of stamps and down for 1 minute in boiling water. After they are completely cooled, applied to the affected feet.
- In the same amount of mixed dry herbs: burdock, chamomile, horsetail, calendula, and yarrow. To 1 liter of boiling water taken 3 tbsp of the composition and to insist 30-40 minutes Then the infusion is poured into an enamel container and lowered to 20-25 minutes affected body part. This recipe is well suited for the treatment of psoriasis of the palms.
- In equal proportions taken Valerian root, Bur marigold, St. John's wort, pharmacy chamomile and celandine. The mix is poured into boiling water with a ratio of 2:1 and infused for 3-4 h. the Prepared composition is applied before two meals in 90 ml. the course Duration is 14 days.
Although all of these recipes include natural ingredients, prior to treatment, psoriasis feet and palms of folk remedies, consult a specialist.
Bath with Palmar-plantar psoriasis
The question of how to cure psoriasis on the palms of the hands, often is the use of medicinal baths. It is important to know what their temperature should not be more than 40 C. Most common are the following recipes:
- Bath of birch tar. Its use reduces inflammation and reduces itching sensations. This water is added to a small amount of tar (75-80 ml).
- Decoction of a succession. Baths on the basis of this broth is often assigned when Palmar-plantar pustular psoriasis. To create a series of leaves boiled in a separate vessel, and then after straining are added to the bath. As a result, the water becomes light brown. The reception time is not more than 15-20 min.
- Bath-based juniper. 0.5 kg of juniper berries to prepare 1 liter of boiling water, cover it and put it on a slow fire. The residence time of the mixture on the stove should not exceed 15-20 minutes. Ready broth is poured into a tub of warm water for further adoption. This procedure can last for 30-50 min with a frequency of repeat after 1-2 days.
- A series of and licorice root. To these two components in equal proportions are added the leaves of St. John's wort and greater celandine, pour boiling water and infused for about an hour. The resulting composition is used for baths and compresses.
Depending on the shape and degree of development of the disease, your doctor may prescribe for treating Palmar-plantar psoriasis the following therapeutic procedures:
- PUVA-therapy. To achieve a favourable outcome from the sessions of this therapy, psoralen, a substance capable of increasing the degree of susceptibility to UV rays. They are accepted inside, after which the patient is slid into a special cabin.
- Treatment with ultraviolet light of 311 nm. This procedure provides visible effect after a couple of weeks. However, it is contraindicated in cases where there is the appearance of pus bubbles.
- Re-PUVA therapy is a type of treatment of skin diseases, which involves the use of analogues of vitamin A, which increase the degree of susceptibility of the patient to ultraviolet rays. Their reception is carried out before the irradiation session in a special cabin.
- Taking corticosteroids strong. These drugs can be taken only under the guidance of a physician. Improper technique or failure to follow instructions can cause serious harm to the body.
What is better to use methods to cure Palmar-plantar psoriasis, the exact answer does not exist. As a rule, the doctor prescribes a comprehensive treatment that is based on the General condition of the patient, the condition of his skin and other features. And the sooner you are detected with this disease, the more chances of a quick recovery.