Diagnosed psoriasis raises many concerns, including how to really get rid of psoriasis forever. The desire to finally get rid of pathology is understandable given the accompanying symptoms in the form of inflamed red plaques with a scaly surface. In addition, the autoimmune disease provokes changes and be treated with severe chronic pathologies. Accordingly, to completely cure the psoriasis means to get rid of periodic exacerbations and progressive destruction of the skin. It remains to be seen how effective therapeutic interventions offered by modern medicine.
Is it possible to get rid of psoriasis
In order to eliminate any pathology, it is necessary to know the reasons that caused its development. Accordingly, in order to cure psoriasis permanently we need to understand why it is formed. And here arises a difficulty, since a clear answer to the provoking factors of the disease does not exist. Pathology does not apply to contagious it occurs as a result of the immune response against own cells. The result is excessively rapid division – the normal cycle is about a month, in psoriasis this period is reduced to three or five days.
The disease has several features, confirmed by statistical data:
- From all of the world's population, the disease affects approximately 3%.
- The most common is a vulgar type of disease, which is observed in 80%.
- In the overwhelming majority of the victims of the pathology appears between the ages of 15 to 25 years.
- Often the precipitating factor is emotional shake-up, because at this time there is release of cortisol, adrenaline.
- Pathology may be inherited. If in a family one parent has psoriasis, 25% of the newborn will be revealed this disease. In the case of a disease his father, and the mother's risk of illness in a child is increased to 60%.
Important. Given the chronic nature of the pathology to get rid of psoriasis once and for all will not work, you can only remove the deterioration and extending the periods of remission.
In some cases the disease may not manifest itself sometimes having acute begin for no apparent reason. Often psoriatic plaques occur in the folds of the limbs, the growth of hair in places too tight fit clothes. This inflammatory process can occur at other sites.
Psoriasis and severity of disease
If you can defeat psoriasis forever is impossible, it is necessary to eliminate negative symptoms.
While great importance is the severity of the disease – the smaller it is, the easier the treatment will be:
- First degree. The area of affected skin does not exceed 3%, it is an easy stage disease.
- Second degree. The average severity affects 3-10% of the skin.
- Third degree. This is a very difficult stage when the pathological process involved more than 10% of the body surface.
With the defeat of joint disease talking about severe, with the area of damaged skin does not matter. To cure psoriasis permanently – or at least try to eliminate negative symptoms in the long term, you will need to determine the degree of disease severity, which is necessary to estimate the area of affected surface, presence of redness, swelling, the severity of pruritus, the presence of psoriatic plaques and secondary infection, swelling and soreness.
Is also considered common symptoms of process – high level ESR, fatigue, concentration of uric acid in the blood test and other factors.
Treated if psoriasis completely and the principles of therapy
Studies regarding the treatment of the disease are conducted in various medical centers and clinics, in 2008, managed to develop three successful therapeutic techniques. Fully cured of psoriasis even with the help of advanced therapeutic methods at present it is impossible, however, to quickly remove negative manifestations possible. As a rule, requires a phased approach, starting treatment with the use of lighter and safer ways. Gradually made weighting methods – expected impact more effective, but the risk is higher.
To quickly cure psoriasis need an integrated approach, wherein methods are selected to increase the toxicity or the increase in the number of alleged side effects:
- Local therapy with ointments, creams or solutions are applied on the affected skin surface.
- If the expected effect of applying the local treatment of damaged areas is irradiated with ultraviolet light type Would be.
- The next stage is a systemic treatment in which drugs are injected into, in the form of injection, administered by intravenous infusion of medicinal solutions to suppress the symptoms of the disease.
- In severe pathology requires administration of drugs to strengthen the immune system.
Additional methods include folk recipes, diet, physical therapy, plasmapheresis. If necessary, can be recommended psychotherapy sessions.
The preparations for the local treatment
Local therapy allows to get rid of psoriasis mild and moderate-severe forms in the home, which damaged the surface of the body cause various ointments, solutions, lotions.
The most popular include:
- Hormonal drugs. Appointed as corticosteroids can inhibit the inflammatory processes, reduce the speed of cell division and immune responses. This reduces flaking of plaques, but the skin "gets used" to the medication, is it atrophy. Accordingly, the external use of hormonal substances may not be long lasting.
- In parallel with corticosteroids prescribe drugs to suppress the division of keratinocytes. They cannot be used simultaneously with the funds, which include salicylic acid to avoid the inactivation of useful properties.
- The appointment of drugs based on salicylic acid allows to slow down cell division and to arrest the inflammatory process.
Good effect preparations containing wood tar, zinc oxide, boric acid. A calming effect on the skin has Ichthyol, its use in the form of the disease with pronounced inflammation.
Methods of irradiation of the skin
To beat psoriasis helps irradiation of the skin, actively used phototherapy – such methods are used in severe disease, prone to relapse. Ultraviolet light helps to suppress excessive immune activity, inflammatory skin reactions. Note that the method gives side effects – redness of the skin layer, its poem in the treated areas.
May be designated:
- Therapy, if used B-ultraviolet. In this case, is irradiated with either the whole body or certain parts. For small affected areas involves special equipment, with which the treatment can be carried out at home.
- PUVA therapy in which the skin is exposed to A combination of ultraviolet light and drugs-photosensitizers that increase the sensitivity of the skin to rays. For the achievement of remission requires 10 to 30 sessions.
Note that PUVA therapy is accompanied by numerous side effects. Because during the procedure the UV can reach the eye lens, high risk of cataracts.
Important. The more the number of sessions, the higher the probability of formation of cancerous skin diseases. Accordingly PUVA therapy is appointed only in case, when other methods have not given desired result.
The use of systemic therapy
A systemic treatment used in severe disease. To remove the psoriasis with the help of this technique, you need to take medications that can suppress the immune system and slow down cell division. Systemic treatment involves the reception of the therapeutic agents or their injecting. Drugs used for the most part, have numerous side effects, exerting toxic effects and inhibiting the immune system.
The reception of such drugs adversely affect the liver and kidneys, therefore, treatment schemes are developed on an individual basis, and their implementation requires monitoring with blood tests.
Systemic treatment is carried out with the following groups of drugs:
- that stop the synthesis of DNA, which reduces the rate of cell division.
- which stops excessive keratinization of the skin layer.
- relieve skin inflammation.
- which normalize cell division.
In order to effectively defeat psoriasis you must consider the habituation of the body to a therapeutic method, which requires the periodic review approach.
The involvement of popular recipes
Recipes based on various natural ingredients allow you to beat psoriasis at home, but before you can use the recommendations of doctors, you should consult with a dermatologist.
You can prepare various ointments, very effective is the inclusion of propolis:
- In an enamel container melt 200 grams of butter.
- To it add 10 grams of crushed propolis.
- The mixture is brought to a simmer, cook stirring constantly for another 15 minutes on low heat.
- The medium is filtered, cooled, rubbed into the psoriatic lesions.
Another simple remedy is mixing equal parts of vaseline and celandine powder to obtain a homogeneous mass, which should be applied on the skin, leaving a poultice for two or three days. Then needed four-day break and repeat the procedure. This treatment is carried out until the disappearance of the plaques.