Psoriasis is a common skin disease characterized by a rash that visually resembles a flat scaly plaques. The disease is non-infectious origin. Psoriasis is a common among children and among adults. The disease occurs in both acute and in the chronic form. Today medicine can offer methods that make it possible permanently to get rid of this dermatological disease however there are ways to eliminate the symptoms of psoriasis. Psoriasis treatment at home includes the use of drug therapy and traditional medicine.
Psoriasis is a disease the causes of which are still not fully understood. The disease is an atypical reaction of the organism to stimuli in the external environment – in some parts of the body or face in humans, there are scaly patches of different sizes. The reason for the flat appearance of the rash is the reduction of the period of division and maturation of epidermal cells. In a healthy person this period lasts 3-4 weeks, in patients with psoriasis in just 5 days.
From the point of view of the factors that trigger psoriasis, there may be 2 types of this skin diseases:
- First: is a hereditary disease that is caused by a failure in the functioning of the immune system. From psoriasis the first type suffers 65% of all patients with this skin disease. The symptoms of the disease appear at a young age (before 25 years). The disease is characterized by appearance of scaly spots.
- Second: this disease affects people older than 40 years. The second type of psoriasis affects nails and joints, not the skin.
Other causes pathology are considered permanent stress, infectious diseases and bad environment.
Typical symptom of psoriasis is the appearance of inflamed scaly patches that cause itching of the skin. Lesions develop on the elbows, scalp, palms and soles of the feet. The rash appears less often on the whole body. With the defeat of nails observed the destruction of the nail plate, and if the psoriasis has spread to joints, the symptoms of the disease include stiffness of limbs, swelling of joints and a change in their shape.
The acute form of the disease is accompanied by deterioration of General health, increased body temperature and itching in the affected areas of the skin.
All patients, diagnosed with psoriasis, need maintenance therapy, which allows to improve the quality of life of the patient and to avoid frequent recurrence of the disease.
To get rid of the skin diseases does not work, but the use of traditional and folk methods of treatment will help to control the disease.
Acute psoriasis prescribed the following drugs internal use that enable you to get rid of itching and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and liver. To eliminate the symptoms will help antihistamines. In violation of the functioning of the liver you need to take medications. In case of failures in the digestive tract of the patient prescribe enzyme preparations. If until the onset of the disease was joined by a bacterial infection, the patient is prescribed antibiotics.
Local treatment of psoriasis involves the use of creams and ointments that help to relieve inflammation and itching of the skin.
Conventionally, all creams and ointments for psoriasis are divided into hormonal and non-hormonal. In most cases of psoriasis hormonal drugs are prescribed topical application. A disadvantage of the use of hormonal therapy is a high probability of development of complications such as psoriatic arthritis, skin atrophy, and other systemic disorders.
Non-hormonal creams and ointments are divided into those which are composed of:
- salicylic acid;
- vitamin D.
Psoriasis of the scalp requires the use of special medicated shampoos that contains tar, coal, zinc and other substances. Allowed to use and baby shampoos because they are gentle on inflamed skin of the head structure.
In folk medicine, there are a large number of recipes are effective tools that help in the treatment of psoriasis.
How to deal with psoriasis of the scalp:
- To eliminate rashes and flakes on the scalp recommend the use of therapeutic oils – sea buckthorn, peanut, rosemary or tea tree oil. Oil rubbed into the scalp before bedtime and put on plastic cap. In the morning gently wash his head applying shampoo.
- To accelerate the regeneration of the skin will help mask prepared from two teaspoons of coconut oil and taken on a teaspoon of honey, cognac, grape, and almond oil. Oil is heated and warm them smear the scalp. After 2 hours, wash off the mask.
- Within a few days the scalp should be treated with sea salt crystals soaked in essential oil.
- Quickly get rid of a rash on the scalp will help the juice of the Golden mustache, which you need every day to RUB into the scalp.
When a person suffers from psoriasis of the nails, then in that case you need every day to smear the nail plate buckthorn oil or oil solution of vitamin a In the treatment of lesions of the nail will help bath of oat flour or starch. To protect the nail plates will help clear varnish with therapeutic components that you can buy at the pharmacy.
Psoriasis on the body and legs recommended lotion from a decoction of medicinal plants. Recipes:
- In equal parts take herbs such as burdock root, flax seeds and grape leaves. Plants pour a glass of milk and boil 5 minutes on weak fire. Slightly warm decoction soak a piece of gauze, folded several times, and a compress applied to the affected areas of the skin.
- Preparation of ointments for psoriasis at home: four parts of celandine mix with part wolf berries and two pieces of walnut. The mixture also need to add the tar. The resulting mass is treated with a rash.
- Washed leaves of Kalanchoe is milled to form a homogeneous slurry. The resulting mass is applied to the affected skin areas on the hands or body.
Quickly get rid of a rash will help the ointment, prepared from 10 g of crushed propolis and 200 grams of butter. The mixture of the components boil over low heat, while stirring. Strained and slightly warm the ointment is applied to affected areas of the limbs and body. Propolis is the best natural component which helps to regenerate the skin. During exacerbation of psoriasis, it is useful to take baths with decoctions of medicinal plants. For its preparation use a concentrated decoction of horsetail, succession and celandine.
To treat psoriasis at home you can use decoctions of herbs that helps to cleanse the body of toxins, increase immunity and elimination of inflammatory process.
Recipes folk remedies for ingestion:
- One and a half tablespoons herb root Saponaria officinalis mixed with the same amount of dried burdock root. Herbs pour 600 ml of freshly boiled water for 10 minutes tantalized in a water bath. After an hour, the prepared broth is filtered and drink throughout the day.
- Prepared herbal of succession and calamus root, taken at 15 grams, the root of the elecampane, corn stigmas, horsetail herb, cowberry leaf, taken in 10 grams, 5 grams of celandine. To 0.5 liters of boiling water 2 tablespoons herb mixture. Plants covered with water and simmered for half an hour the material in the oven or furnace. Chilled infusion take half a Cup twice a day. Within a few days broth drink, and then resume taking it after 2 weeks.
- A decoction prepared from 100 grams of burdock roots and the same number of grass violet. Also, take 50 grams of elder flowers, nettle leaf. 0.5 liters of freshly boiled water take a teaspoon of the mixture. The steeping time is 30 minutes. Strained broth drink a glass a day in 2 admission.
- In equal proportions mix the mother and stepmother, St. John's wort and dandelion root. Herbs brew a liter of boiling water, insist a few hours. The dosage of 50 ml several times a day.
All patients with psoriasis need regular observation by a doctor-dermatologist. You need to understand that the fastest way to treat the disease have not yet been developed, therefore, to completely get rid of diseases. The information that there is a tool that allows you to cure psoriasis in 3 days is just a marketing ploy.