One of the most common forms of psoriasis is psoriasis scalp. Like all other forms of disease, this refers to the chronic inflammatory process of noninfectious character.
The reasons for the development of the disease
In many studies of the disease, scientists found out that among the reasons for the development of the disease consists of the disruption of some body systems, namely the endocrine, metabolic, as well as malfunctions of the immune system. Often people wonder: contagious psoriasis head? It should be noted – this disease has no infectious nature cannot be transmitted to the domestic, air-borne or in any other way. Representatives of science and medicine claim that the disease is a kind of organism's response to external and internal stimuli. Frequent reasons for the emergence of disease include:
- nervous tension and stresses;
- low immunity under the influence of various factors;
- chemical and mechanical skin damage;
- the transfer of certain infectious diseases;
- effect on the body bad habits and drug use;
- the use of certain drugs and more.
These are just some of the reasons that can develop the disease, including a form of psoriasis on the head. The exact causes of the disease so far, to find out and failed. There are many theories on which group of scientists explain the possible predisposing factors of the disease. Possible causes also include:
- violation of a hormonal background of the body due to disorders of the endocrine system;
- inflammatory processes in the body are of different origin;
- the effects of some toxic substances to the environment;
- an improper diet.
Forms and stages of the disease
Psoriasis on the scalp most often occurs in several stages that follow each other. Data forms include:
- Easy stage – occurs without acute symptoms. Is characterized by isolated stains, covered with light scales. Lesions are small, often not accompanied by a strong inflammatory process.
- In the acute stage the appearance of a rash that spreads all over the head, accompanied by severe itching, discomfort and inflammation.
The symptoms and signs of disease
The main signs of psoriasis of the head (picture the initial stages see below) are rash. At the initial stage appear papules are pink or red hue, which are predominantly round or oval in shape. Top spots covered with small scales, which easily peel off. The further course of the disease refers to the increase of a rash around the periphery and forming psoriatic plaques. Next, we consider the symptoms in more detail:
- early stage disease does not cause much discomfort, patients generally do not have complaints;
- further, there is itching, discomfort, there is irritability of the skin;
- in the third stage to the pre-existing symptoms joins the inflammatory process;
- the patient is scratching wounds, causing abrasions, cracks, and often the accession of a bacterial infection;
- further development of the disease involves a considerable thickening of the skin and its peeling as a result of pathological accelerated cell division;
- the skin becomes vulnerable, easily injuries;
- the disease affects the area of skin near the hairline, plaques and papules accompanied by severe itching and significant deterioration of the skin.
Diagnosis of disease
The first step to successful treatment of psoriasis is a timely and correct diagnosis. To assign adequate treatment the patient will need to perform the following steps:
- A visit to the dermatologist. The doctor visually inspects the condition of the scalp of the patient, assess the situation, and conduct oral questioning of the patient.
- Laboratory studies of the blood of the patient and the material in the exfoliation process of the skin.
- Also evaluates the state of the rash in a person for several days.
- Also, you may need a skin biopsy.
- The study of skin scales under a microscope.
The presence of psoriasis is confirmed by the following factors:
- pathological the violation of the integrity of the skin;
- spiny layer of the dermis is edematous character;
- other disorders of the deep skin layers at the cellular level.
Diet for psoriasis of the scalp
The important point in the treatment of psoriasis of the scalp is following a special diet. She suggests eating foods that contain vegetable oil. Liver function should be supported with fiber. Useful products for psoriasis are:
- salads dressed with refined sunflower oil;
- porridge, cooked buckwheat or oat groats;
- the liver;
- dairy products such as cottage cheese, sour cream or cheese.
The patient should receive a sufficient amount of vitamins of groups A,B and D, together with consumed a meal.
What not to eat
Any diet involves a list of banned products. What not to eat in psoriasis on the head? Prohibited products in this disease are:
- meals are prepared by the method of frying with lots of fat;
- chocolate and caffeinated beverages;
- whole milk powder with high fat content;
- vegetables and fruits red;
Also during the period of treatment required to refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages.
Treatment of psoriasis on the head
Thus, try to figure out how to treat psoriasis on the head? After diagnosis, the specialist often prescribes medications aimed at restoring normal metabolic processes in human skin, its regeneration, healing and recovery. For optimum results, the doctor prescribes a comprehensive treatment that includes the following methods:
- Total therapy.
- Treatment drugs for external application.
- Treatment in sanatoriums and resorts.
The application of total therapy
Involves treatment with drugs that belong to the following groups of drugs:
- the drugs belong to sedative drugs;
- application of vitamins;
- drugs that enhance the immune system;
- aromatic retinoids;
Corticosteroid medicines and cytotoxic drugs are primarily used in acute stages of the disease. These drugs require special caution, as misuse can cause serious side effects and complications.
Shampoo for psoriasis of the scalp
Comprehensive therapy for psoriasis of the scalp includes the use of special shampoos. Any shampoo from psoriasis should be treated with a wet hairy surface of the head 3 times a week.
Ointment for psoriasis on head
Modern pharmacology offers a lot of ointments of psoriasis on the head. This is one of the most effective influences on the disease. Ointment to apply on the affected areas of the scalp, carefully read the instructions for use. As for the number of daily procedures it is best to consult with your doctor.
Cream from psoriasis on the head
Creams as well as ointments, you need to apply solely on the affected scalp. There are many effective creams against psoriasis on the head. Any cream should be treated only the affected areas.
Lotion for psoriasis on head
One of the methods of local treatment of psoriasis on the head is the use of lotions. The lotion must be applied on the affected areas, pre-washing your head.
Treatment by this method involves the following procedures:
- treatment of ultraviolet light;
- water therapy;
- the use of laser and other techniques
Cure for psoriasis on head
For treating the hairy part of the head, psoriasis, requires complex therapy, which includes the use of such medicines:
- antihistamine drugs;
- vitamin complex;
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- means for intravenous administration.
All these medicines enhance the General condition of the body, thereby eliminating the disease from the inside.
Recipes of traditional medicine
How else can you treat psoriasis on the head? Along with the traditional medical treatment of psoriasis on the head, in the home widely used recipes based on natural materials, including herbs. Herbal medicine is an additional treatment drugs and in combination with them gives very positive results. So, let's review some popular tools for the treatment of psoriasis scalp at home.
The remedy on the basis of celandine
The name of the herb speaks about its healing properties. Celandine is successfully used for getting rid of psoriasis spots and skin repair. To prepare the medication will need fresh plant in 200 g. Grass need a good grind and squeeze the juice. In the resulting liquid, add 20 ml of red wine. Use treatment for rashes on the skin and hair. This should be done 3-4 times a day until complete clearance of the skin.
Treatment with sunflower seed
The medicine is prepared using sunflower baskets of plants, which still have time. The sunflower is composed of components that have a pronounced anti-inflammatory and regenerating properties. To prepare, take 2-3 baskets plants and thoroughly ground in any way. After adding 150 ml of white or red wine. To infuse the drug must at least 2 days in a cool room. Tool is used as a lotion for 15-20 minutes.
Psoriasis treatment on the hairy surface of the skin can be done using chicken eggs. For the preparation of the funds will need 2 pieces of the original ingredient.
- Eggs need to cook hard-boiled, then cooled, remove the shell and finely chop.
- The resulting mass fry in a pan until liquid. Add any required.
- Formed oily liquid should be applied on the affected psoriasis scalp.
The procedure is best done before bedtime. In the morning rinse well. Continue this treatment until complete disappearance of the disease.
For the treatment of psoriasis'll need Apple cider vinegar which should be mixed with purified water in equal proportions. The resulting solution was carefully treated the affected areas of the skin on the head using a small piece of natural fabric. Please try not to damage the formed crust. This procedure is carried out 1 time a day. Can be washed off after 1 hour.
In order to eliminate the psoriasis will need the mixture of herbs: nettle, chicory, parsley, sweet flag and burdock. All the ingredients should take in the same amount, only nettle in 2 times more. Thoroughly mix the herbs. 1 art. L. the obtained mixture, pour 0, 5 liters of water, then boil for 10 minutes. Then leave to infuse for about 20 minutes. Ready strain the broth and drink 1 glass before a meal.
This procedure is quite simple. Required with 1 large onion to obtain the juice, which should be treating the affected scalp. Do not rinse for at least 3 hours. Therefore it is better to carry out this procedure immediately before bedtime.
Sea buckthorn oil
This ingredient can be purchased at the pharmacy in a ready kind, and also to cook it yourself. This would require sea buckthorn berries, which should be ground in a blender and allow to dry. Then connect with refined sunflower or olive oil in proportion 1:1. To insist in a dark place for 1 week, shaking occasionally. After a time the solution to drain. Received sea buckthorn oil applied to the affected scalp with a cotton swab. The procedure is repeated 3 times a day. Before use, the oil should be warmed to room temperature.
One of the effective remedies for psoriasis is baking soda. It relieves inflammation and redness. To eliminate this disease it should be a small amount of baking soda diluted in water to make a viscous slurry. It is required to apply to the affected area to dry completely. Water is better not to wet. After a few treatments will see a positive result.
Tea tree oil
This tool has a beneficial effect on the skin. It has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antibacterial effect. To bring the psoriasis on the head with tea tree oil is quite simple: you want to apply it to the problem areas 3 times a day. It is better not to wash off. This tool can be purchased at any pharmacy. Dilute with water is not required.
Prevention is also part of the treatment, which helps to maintain gains made and prevent relapse. To preventive measures include the following:
- observance of proper nutrition;
- active lifestyle and adherence of the day;
- regular hygienic procedures;
- proper selection of personal care products for the hair;
- selection of combs made from natural materials;
- should give up the Hairdryer and other styling tools that contribute to the fact that the scalp becomes dry.
By taking precautions and on time referring to the hospital, will avoid the disease and its negative consequences.